- Luxembourg 2024
- March 21 - 23
2024 is a special year for #play14, as we are celebrating our 10th anniversary. Indeed, our very first event was hosted 10 years ago on March 14th, 2014.
Ten years later, with events organized in 35 cities in 20 different countries, with hundreds of games played and shared around the world, with close to 2,500 players who joined us, we are proud of what we have accomplished as a community.
To celebrate this milestone, we invite you to join us in Luxembourg, on March 21-23, 2024 for #play14's 10th anniversary. Luxembourg is where it all started, and it's only logical that we celebrate this great moment there.
What is our plan for this special event? As usual, we will have our traditional welcome dinner on March 21st at the Technoport in Esch/Belval. We will play with grown-ups only on Friday, and on Saturday we will welcome your kids if you want to bring them to discover the #play14 magic.
But what else will we do to make this incredible milestone memorable?
- 10th Anniversary Party: On Friday evening, we will have a big 10th Anniversary Party. There will be good food, good drinks, there will be cake and of course, many many games.
- Building together: During the whole event we will build something together. The idea here is to produce something as a community that we can deliver at the end of the 2.5 days. It will most probably only be the start of something, and we may pass it along to the next event, where people will be free to take over and continue the work. This could continue for as many events as necessary.
- A big social experiment: We plan to organize a big social experiment with all of you. We don't want to say too much, but it will be about social organization and leadership. And it's gonna be fun.
- Bring your own surprise: We will have plenty of other surprises for you. But you, as a player, can also organize something special during the event to mark your appreciation. Feel free to be creative and surprise us.
We are now 70 days before the event starts. So save the date and register now!
Saturday with your kids
Kids can join #play14 this year!
Kids and young adults have regularly joined us in previous years and events. So this year, we make it official! We invite them to come along on Saturday to discover the world of #play14. By kids and young adults, we mean kids between 7 years old and 17 years old. Older than 18, one would need to buy a ticket for the complete 2.5 days event.
Why only Saturday? First, we figured that the kids would be at school on Friday. Second, we believe that 2.5 days might be a little too much for young players, especially since most of the event is in English. Therefore, Saturday seemed a good compromise.
We have created a special ticket for the kids, at a discounted price. Once there, they will, like other players, get a t-shirt, breakfast, and lunch. They can join the games and propose any games or activities they wish to play/share. The default language will be English, but they can offer a session in their mother tongue if they feel more comfortable.
We will provide the following:
- A quiet room for kids and young people to retreat when they wish or need to
- Some legos/building activities
- A safe space: the Technoport is a floor-only space with only one entrance/exit
- Kids-friendly breakfast/lunch
What is needed from you:
- Supervision/be attentive to your kids/young adults' needs
- Snacks (should they want/need to have their own snack)
Do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions!
How to get there?
Reach Luxembourg city
- By plane: Luxembourg Airport is well connected and buses can bring you directly to Train Station (15 min)
- By international train: It's easy, 2 hours from Paris, 2:30-to 3:00 from Brussels (no High Speed), 50 min from Trier
Get to Esch/Belval
- By car :
You can come by car from Luxembourg City by taking the A4.
You can also share a car through Covievent.
- By taxi: You can take a taxi from the airport, but it is not going to be cheap. You need to count between 60 € and 100 €.
- By local train: From Luxembourg City Central Station take the train to Esch/Alzette, Belval-Université, Gare
- Download this map to find a parking lot and reach the venue on foot.