Values are very important to us. They are what make #play14 what it is. Please, make sure you take a look at our manifesto and our code of conduct before you register to one of our events.
Many thanks to Nina Neef for the wonderful images.
#play14 is and always will be
- a place to share knowledge & practices more than a place to sell services & goods
- open to all people or communities with an interest on learning with fun
- focused ongames & activities in the physical world more than in the virtual world
- an unconference based on the Open Space Technology
- non profit, which means that when we do make a profit on a given event, we reinvest everything into the next
Code of conduct
- You shall be open minded and ready to listen and learn from others
- You shall feel free to propose, experiment and explain what you have in mind
- You shall not high-jack, sabotage or ruin the learning experience of others
- You shall manage your own timebox when facilitating so that other sessions can start on time
- You shall behave appropriately and be a decent human being
- You shall always leave the playground clean (boy scout rule), avoid waste and try to reduce your carbon footprint
- You shall be ready to get serious fun and good laughs and should try not be shy about that
To summarize : “You shall not be an a**hole”.
Boy/Girl scout ruleThere is a saying among the scouts.
Always leave the campground cleaner than you found it.
Be mindful of other people well being by cleaning after yourself when you leave a space. That goes for the space you played on, the space you ate on, the space you rested on, etc.
Remember that the hosting team is not there to clean after you, but are also participants of the event. They also want to facilitate and attend sessions, as much as you do.