In this game, participants will have fun and they could discover agile roles and think about forces involved inside agile transformations (for and against).
- The printed cheat sheet / rules (for the facilitator)
- The printed cards
HOW TO PLAY
Print the cards
PLAYING THE GAME
Before starting the facilitator of the game needs to explain :
- The game has two phases, “1- During the week end” and “2- Monday morning at the office”
- The differents roles/cards and the associated powers that can be used during the week-end.
During the week end
- “Everyone, close your eyes.”
- “Trouble Makers open your eyes and look for other Trouble Makers.”
- “Trouble Makers, close your eyes.”
- “Product Owner, open your eyes. You may look at another player’s card or two of the center cards.”
- “Product Owner, close your eyes.”
- “Middle Manager, open your eyes. You may exchange cards between two other players.”
- “Middle Manager, close your eyes.”
- (if any) “El Facilitator, open your eyes and look at your card.”
- (if any) “El Facilitator, close your eyes.”
Monday morning at the office (10 minutes)
Players have 10 minutes to discuss amongst themselves who they believe the “Trouble Makers” are.
- All players may say anything but may never show their card to anyone.
- After 10 minutes of discussion, players vote.
- After the vote everyone has to return his card in order to identify who was right.
Debriefing the game
As a facilitator, ask to the participants to do the parallel between their current agile implementation.
Ask simple questions
Now; what are the forces for change? what are the forces against change?
Push some tooling like the force field analysis that you can use in an agile transformation.
Adrien MULLER & Yoan THIRION
FEEL FREE TO REUSE AND REMIX!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA 4.0), https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.